November 17, 2014

Remembrance Day 2014

  Well Mary, George, Eve, John and I completed our Remembrance Day duties at Gettysburg this past weekend without a hitch.

 Wreaths were placed at the 14th's monuments at McPherson' Ridge, The Railroad Cut and Culp's Hill, as well a one at the Camp Letterman monument on behalf of the Society of Civil War Surgeons.


  We participated in our friends, the 67th NY, ceremony at their monument on Culp's Hill as well.
I personally enjoyed the crisp autumn weather on Saturday. I don't get to wear my greatcoat all that often.
Sunday morning was not as cold, but it was humid when we performed our flag placing ceremony at the National Cemetery.
















This of course ends our 2014 event schedule. The only 2015 info that I have so far, is the Friends of Historic New Utrecht's "Lincoln's Birthday" lectures that will be held on 2/10.
Remembrance Day in Gettysburg will be 11/21.
As soon as I have more, I will let you know.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us, to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment